Saturday, February 20, 2010

Inspired


I'm just home from Ottawa feeling even more inspired about the orphanage fundraising after talking to my colleague, Evelyne. She told me that before Christmas her husband and daughters talked together and decided to make a contribution to the orphanage to purchase a bed. Evelyne and her daughters are now brainstorming ways that they can mobilize others in Ottawa to help.

I met her daughter tonight - an amazing, bright, ambitious young woman - who told me she is taking a year off school to do volunteer projects and would love the opportunity to go to the orphange. You go girl! Do it!!

The young women at the orphanage, many her own age, would be thrilled to have her there - how incredible of an opportunity to connect with others your own age, but your situations are polar opposites.

If anyone else keen to do a volunteer experience, keep the orphanage in mind.

I've been blown away by the generosity of my friends and family who have offered to help. There is more I will soon share. And I'm going to start outing all of you who keep inspiring me to go further with this. You are propelling this fundraiser forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment