Please join us for the Nzirambi Photo Exhibition fundraiser, featuring photos by Brian Pieters. The fundraiser will be held Thursday, Oct. 27 at Pikto Gallery in the Distillery District, Toronto.
Earlier this year, Brian travelled to Uganda to photograph the 85 boys and girls of the Nzirambi Orphans Talent Development Centre. The result is an inspiring collection of photos that captures the resilience and hope of the women and children
The photo exhibition launch will include a silent auction/raffle, African drumming and a special guest speaker. Local businesses have donated more than $5000 in gifts to be auctioned off at the event.
Tickets are $20 and can be purchased at http://orphanage.eventbrite.com
All proceeds from the evening will go toward the Nzirambi Education Fund to ensure the children have access to high school and post-secondary education.
Higher levels of education are especially critical for these children, giving them additional resources to become leaders in their communities and break free of the cycle of poverty that has defined their families.
For more information about the Education Fund and the orphanage, check out our blog or join us on Facebook at http://on.fb.me/nzirambi
Can't make the event? You can still show your support by making a donation with PayPal on our blog.
Gifts to be auctioned include:
• Gift packages for new moms
• Yoga and other fitness classes
• Consulting opportunities with leading marketing and social media gurus
• Tickets for movies, AGO, mini-golf
• Family pass to the movies
• Jewellery and certificates from Toronto fashion boutiques and hair salons
• Certificates to various restaurants in Toronto, as well as a special dinner for four from Secret Pickle
* and much more!