Thursday, December 24, 2009

One more sleep!

One more sleep to Africa! I'm like a kid waiting for Santa;)

I spoke with Monica's mum, Milly, at the orphanage yesterday; she was holding the youngest of the children in her arms while we spoke. Sarah is one month old. The next youngest is Ruth - at 1.5 months old. Milly says the kids are very excited I am coming!

Monica and I took the cash - most of it in 20 dollar bills - to the post office yesterday to wire it to the orphanage. Figured it would be safer then me travelling across East Africa with it.

They will have already received it by now and plan to start hiring builders asap.
I think this, by far, is the best Christmas gift I could ever have given or received.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Karen! I know you will enjoy your amazing adventure.

    Love Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post brought tears to my eye's. You are such an amazing person, and these kids are so lucky to have you.
    Jen Nehme
    PS: I signed in, so I show up as Jenny Gallant.

    ReplyDelete