Sunday, July 25, 2010

Charity Yard Sale Raises $700

My friend Laura Copeland was hosting a yard sale to raise funds for Women’s Cancer, and that gave us the idea to do one as well. So, Cecile Peterkin (@cosmiccareer), Monica and I hosted a charity yard sale at my parents house in Pickering.

A lot of people donated a ton of really great stuff: Marcel Weider, Kari (@karrio) and Carey, Aynsley Morris (@aynsilly), Phil (@mediawong), my parents, Lynn Hebner, and Terry, Susan and Kevin Crow.

The result: $700! That’s exactly what it cost to send a child to school for a year in Uganda. What an accomplishment!

What these two events have shown me is that we can really accomplish a lot, just by doing and giving a little. Thanks everyone for your continued support.

(Congrats to Laura who also raised $600 from her garage sale and has met her goal to raise $1000).

No comments:

Post a Comment